ATSIP Executive Director
Tara has a M.S. in Population and Community Ecology from Southern Connecticut State University. Tara has over 20 years of experience working as a traffic safety professional. She is currently the Principal of Casanova Powell Consulting, in independent traffic safety research organization that specializes in traffic safety program design and implementation, evaluation and research. Tara is also consultant for the Governor Highway Safety Association (GHSA) Consulting Services Initiative and a faculty staff member for the National Center for DWI Courts (NCDC) https://www.dwicourts.org/.
- Institute for Behavioral Health Drugged Driving Committee https://www.ibhinc.org/reduce-drugged-driving
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) Alcohol, Other Drugs and Transportation Leadership Committee http://www.trb.org/ANB50/ANB50.aspx
- International Council of Alcohol, Drugs and Transportation Safety (ICADTS) http://www.icadtsinternational.com/
- ICADTS Treatment Measures Working Group
- Behavioral Traffic Safety Cooperative Research Program (BTSCRP) 2018 Distracted Driving Initiative Expert Panelist