ATSIP has migrated from a sub-committee under the National Safety Council to a stand-alone professional association in 2009. It exists to further the development and sharing of traffic records system procedures, tools, and professionalism. Membership is open to any professional working within the areas of traffic safety data collection, management, and analysis.
News & Updates
The membership of the Association shall be open to any person with an interest in traffic safety, have experience with data, or actively involved in the design, development, maintenance, and/or operation of transportation safety information systems or in their administration and use. This includes traffic safety data collectors, users, and managers. Acceptance into membership requires approval by the Board and payment of dues.
The Membership sub-committee is charged with the promotion of membership and the review of membership applications. New member candidate lists are presented to the Executive Board at their quarterly meetings.
Benefits to ATSIP Membership
- As a member you will receive a reduced rate to the Forum, which provides an opportunity for traffic records professionals of all disciplines and in all types of related organizations to share their experiences, innovations, studies as we strive to provide decisions makers with information to make the most sound safety decisions for the motoring public.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in projects on a national basis.
- Your input on issues will be received and acted on.
- You can volunteer to serve on numerous committees and be eligible to become a Board member.
- Have access to the members-only section of the ATSIP web-site.
However the most compelling reason to be a member is a dedication to the most efficient use of traffic records and your willingness to support the only international organization dedicated to that purpose.