ATSIP Homepage
Discussion Board Home Discussion Board HomeProject DiscussionANSI D16 Public Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2.2 Definitions Land Ways, Land Vehicles and Users
  Help Help  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the ATSIP Discussion Board!  If you are an ATSIP member, you have already been registered!  Your username is your first initial and last name (IE: John Doe = jdoe), your password is the same that you use to log in to the membership site.
If you don't know your password you can reset it by clicking here.
After you log in for the first time, please take a minute and go to the member control panel to update your profile and set your preferences.
If you are not an ATSIP member, please register to join the discussion!
If you need help, go to the discussion board help forum.  You can download a detailed users manual or ask a question in the questions and comments topic.  You can also get help by clicking the help link in the menu at the top of the screen, sending a private message to an administrator, or by sending an email to manager@atsip.org.

2.2 Definitions Land Ways, Land Vehicles and Users

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 5:06pm
I suggest two items be considered within this section under the definition of 2.2.9 Motorcycle.  

1) D16 should address "autocycles" to be in alignment with MMUCC as this term is currently being addressed for MMUCC's 5th edtion.

2) D16 could also possibly consider an inclusion under motorcycle for  "Motorcycle conversion kits".    These kits modify a two-wheeled motorcyle into what in appeance is a 3-wheeled motorcycle yet the removable conversion puts 4 wheels in contact with the ground thus causing classification questions with respect to this definintion. 

Modification of the definition for 2.2.9 Motorcycle may also affect inclusions, exclusions, and examples under  2.2.9.1 Motor-driven cycle, 2.2.9.2 Large motorcycle, 2.2.9.3 speed-limited motor-driven cycle, 2.2.9.4 moped), 2.2.12 automobile, 3.12 Motorcycle Classification by Type.
jmcdonough View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2016 at 5:46pm
I propose that 2.2.45 Bicycle Lane should be updated to match work done to align MMUCC 4th edition with current applicable definitions.  Changes are shown below.

2.2.45 Bicycle Lane:  A bicycle lane is a bikeway which (1) is contiguous with a parallel roadway and (2) has been designated for preferential or exclusive use by pedalcycles.

MMUCC: A bikeway adjacent to travel lanes which has been designated for preferential or exclusive use by pedalcyclists through striping, signage or pavement markings.

jvecchi View Drop Down
ATSIP Fellow
ATSIP Fellow
ANSI D16 Panel Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvecchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2016 at 11:42pm
I will include these changes for discussion. Thank you.  
Joan vecchi,
Project Manager
mmcdonald View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2016 at 9:50pm
John's clarification now makes sense to me, but this really should be "fixed" so the same misinterpretation or confusion does not occur to those who are not as familiar with the subject or how it evolved to where it is currently.
Michael McDonald
ANSI D16 Panel Member
Delaware State Police
Director, Information Technology
302-672-5444
jdolan View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 2:49pm
Agreed. I do not believe this is a problem. If the data model conforms to the current classification scheme, then these persons can be easily identified regardless. Also, this could result in persons who are not involved in a transport accident under 2.4.9 (which is inclusive of Definition 2.4.12) as being classified as "motorists."
jdolan View Drop Down
ATSIP Member
ATSIP Member

ANSI D16 Panel Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 2:53pm
I think these definitions are already nearly the same. I am in favor of adopting identical language for all standards that address this definition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic